Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Albertsons Memorabilia!

Even though I've admitted that my family were never Albertsons shoppers and even up until recently I tended to view Albertsons as a more expensive version of Kroger, which due to various reasons, I didn't like at the time (that opinion has changed too).

That being said, I do have some miscellaneous Albertsons memorabilia.

This first one is the more ancient one (an old jar of alum in the pantry), and while it does say the company name on the sticker, I've figured it had to have come through a former Skaggs-Albertsons when it dissolved in the late 1970s, as my mother did live in Florida at the time. I'm almost certain that it came from #4314, the Gainesville store that lasted up until 2011.


The second one is more decidedly modern, an Albertsons Pharmacy dropper, and I'm guessing that it came from the local store, #2702, because if we were going to Albertsons, that's the one we'd go to.

2 comments:

  1. I also have one of those old green Albertsons price stickers that I peeled off of an old box of Christmas ornaments I saw at Goodwill. I also have seen a similar green tag that actually said 'Skaggs-Albertsons' on it (although I don't have a photo of one).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of Goodwill, one of the former Albertsons in New Orleans is now a HUGE Goodwill store (but a big chunk of the building is Goodwill offices and not open to the public).

    ReplyDelete